Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Rule of Third

In the photographic art there are some rules that anyone has to known to make compelling snapshots.  The rule I used to make the photography of this entry is called the rules of third.  It is one of the most popular 'rules' in photograph; it is also popular amongst artists as well. It works like this: Imaginary lines are drawn dividing the image into thirds both horizontally and vertically. You place important elements of your composition where these lines intersect.  This rule help the photographer to stress what he/she wants to stress on his/her photography. 
In this case an afternoon before downpour I wanted to stress the colors of clouds above Bangkok that made me feel for a while I am living in the Eden.  To do so, I allotted two-thirds of the image to the sky and one-third to the land.

_DSC0201

No comments:

Post a Comment