Monday, March 19, 2012

Morning Sun


‘To my last sin?’ cried Zaratustra, and laughed scornfully at his own words.  ‘What has been left me now as my last sin?’
-  And once more Zaratustra became immersed in himself and sat down again on the great stone, and he reflected.  Suddenly he jumped to his feet-
Pity! Pity for the higher men!’  he cried, and his face transformed into bronze.  ‘Whell then!  That –has its time!
My suffering and my pity – what do they matter! Do I strive for happiness?  I strive for my work!
Well then!  The lion came, my children are near, Zaratustra became ripe, my hour came-
This is my morning, my day is beginning: up now, up, you great noon!’ –
Thus spoke Zaratustra and left his cave, glowing and strong, like a morning sun that emerges from dark mountains.

Friedrich Nietzsche

_DSC1159

No comments:

Post a Comment