Monday, December 19, 2011

You great star!

_DSC0286

'One morning the wanderer arose with the dawn, stepped before the sun and spoke thus to it:
"You great star! What would your happiness be if you had not those for whom you shine?
... you would have tired of your light and of this route without me, my eagle and my snake.
But we awaited you every morning, took your overflow from you and blessed you for it.
Behold! I am weary of my wisdom, like a bee that has gathered too much honey. I need hands that reach out!
I want to bestow and distribute until the wise among human beings have once again enjoyed their folly, and the poor once again their wealth.
For this I must descend into the depths, as you do evenings when you go behind the sea and bring lingt even to the underworld, you super-rich star!'


Thus spoke Zarathustra.
Friedrich Nietzsche


The photo was taken today early morning.  The city was shrouded in mist and accordingly there could just see the outline of buildings and houses through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment